Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 21, 2011

6 Months Since...

It's exceptionally hard to believe that the 6 month anniversary of Kerrigan's loss is next week. It's an indescribable feeling: time flying by with Jasper, but crawling without Kerrigan. I look at Jasper and can't believe that he's already almost 5 and a half months old, but at the same time, it's a reminder that on the day he turned 5 months, the 6 month anniversary was 2-1/2 weeks away. And I hate thinking about his age like that...always adding how long Kerrigan's been gone after realizing how old Jasper is. I truthfully hope that one day I'll be able to say how old he is without the painful thought of how long it's been since we lost Kerrigan hanging in the air. I know it won't be for many years to come...it may never even happen...but I can wish for it every day!

While it hasn't been 6 months since we lost our little girl, it has been six months since the last pictures of her were taken. I realized this today as I was going through pictures, readying to print off monthly pictures of her first year of life for a matching frame with Jasper's. The last pictures we took of Kerrigan were on Marlin's birthday last November. I'm just thankful that it was under a happy setting and that she was able to play with her cousins, Ella and Lexi, on that last time they had together, and on the last day that the Richardson family was complete.



























1 comment: