Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Birthday Countdown: Fourth Birthday

Kerrigan's last birthday served a double-purpose. We chose a Christmas in July theme, basically as payback to Brandon (when I was in labor with Kerrigan, QVC was having their annual Christmas in July sale. I like to just watch and see what kinds of fun decorations they come out with. Well, while we were in the hospital room, Brandon comandeered the remote and watched Animal Planet the whole time, never once letting me watch QVC. I've never let him live it down, so that's why we chose a Christmas in July theme for Kerrigan's party. She always loved Christmas!!) I was so upset last Christmas because Kerrigan had passed exactly a month before Christmas. She so loved the holiday, and I was feeling so sorry that she wouldn't be experiencing Christmas with us. But then Sha pointed out to me that she got her very own special Christmas for her birthday...while it didn't take away all the sadness and loneliness of the holiday without our monkey, it did help to think that she'd had her very own Christmas, just for her!



Kerrigan received a Toy Story alien fishing game from one of her great-uncles. She made sure to let everyone have a chance to play it with her!















Soooo excited about her Wuzz Biteyear! ("And beyond!")





1 comment:

  1. I ran across your blog a few months ago and have had Kerrigan's birthday in mind ever since I saw what date it was. I just knew that this would be a day for you guys to remember and to be remembering Kerrigan and just wanted you to know that there are other people out here still thinking about Kerrigan! Of course I don't know what it has been like for you guys but I do think about you guys often and say a prayer for your support and remember Kerrigan's cute smile! Hope you have a good day,

    Caralee Sanders

    ReplyDelete